Steve has 40 years experience in consulting services surrounding BI, statistics, analytics, and data science. His most recent position was President of Inquidia Consulting and EVP of BI/Analytics at Braun Consulting. He has been a writer for Information Management, Dataversity, and BeyeNetwork for 12 years.
Below is a selection of his recent articles, all illustrated with code.
- Poker, Probability, Monte Carlo, and R
- R, Python, Julia – and Polyglot
- Frequencies in Pandas – and a Little R Magic for Python
- Mixing & Matching in R for Data Science
- From Data Dictionary to Meta Data with Simple Text Wrangling in Python
- a Little SQL with a Little R
- “Kindof” Big Data in R
- PostgreSQL, MonetDB, and Too-Big-for-Memory Data in R – Part I
- A Common Data Analysis Pattern with a Simple Solution in R
- My Favorite Statistical Procedure? Frequencies!
- Reticulating Python and R – Data Dictionary to Meta Data
- Jobs, Education, and R
- American Community Survey data in R
- PostgreSQL, MonetDB, and Too-Big-for-Memory Data in R
- ff and Too-Big-for-Memory Data in R
- A Little College Sports Analysis II
- Data Dictionary to Meta Data – Simple Text Wrangling and Factor Creation in R
- A Little College Sports Analysis, but First a Little Data Wrangling
- College Hoops Conference Rankings
- A Little College Sports Analysis, Part III
To make sure you keep getting these emails, please add [email protected] to your address book or whitelist us. To subscribe, follow this link.