Using GWIS, one or more interactive plots of any current or historical data available from the USGS Instantaneous (Real-Time) Service or Daily Value Service can easily be inserted into a web page. Plot appearance is customizable, and the plots feature interactive zooming, an interactive legend and optional user controls such as full screen and y-axis log scaling. Multiple plot series, double y-axes and pop-up plots are also supported.
Some GWIS plot features available with the library include:
- Interactive Zoom: Click-drag vertically or horizontally in the axes to zoom the plot. Double clicking resets the full range.
- Interactive Legend: Hover over the axes to display values for each series in the legend.
- Custom Controls: Several tools are available that can be added below the plot.
- Multiple Data Series Support: Add many data series to your plot.
- Double Y-Axis Support: Show relationships between data with different units using double y-axes.
- Customizable Appearance: Style the plot using a variety of options.
Visit the GWIS homepage (https://txpub.usgs.gov/dss/gwis/) to get started. The web page contains several samples, documentation and access to the source code.
Originally posted here.
Top DSC Resources
- Article: Difference between Machine Learning, Data Science, AI, Deep Learnin…
- Article: What is Data Science? 24 Fundamental Articles Answering This Question
- Article: Hitchhiker’s Guide to Data Science, Machine Learning, R, Python
- Tutorial: Data Science Cheat Sheet
- Tutorial: How to Become a Data Scientist – On Your Own
- Categories: Data Science – Machine Learning – AI – IoT – Deep Learning
- Tools: Hadoop – DataViZ – Python – R – SQL – Excel
- Techniques: Clustering – Regression – SVM – Neural Nets – Ensembles – Decision Trees
- Links: Cheat Sheets – Books – Events – Webinars – Tutorials – Training – News – Jobs
- Links: Announcements – Salary Surveys – Data Sets – Certification – RSS Feeds – About Us
- Newsletter: Sign-up – Past Editions – Members-Only Section – Content Search – For Bloggers
- DSC on: Ning – Twitter – LinkedIn – Facebook – GooglePlus
Follow us on Twitter: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge