The Python Data Science Handbook provides a reference to the breadth of computational and statistical methods that are central to data-intensive science, research, and discovery. People with a programming background who want to use Python effectively for data science tasks will learn how to face a variety of problems: e.g., how can I read this data format into my script? How can I manipulate, transform, and clean this data? How can I visualize this type of data? How can I use this data to gain insight, answer questions, or to build statistical or machine learning models?
This book is a reference for day-to-day Python-enabled data science, covering both the computational and statistical skills necessary to effectively work with . The discussion is augmented with frequent example applications, showing how the wide breadth of open source Python tools can be used together to analyze, manipulate, visualize, and learn from data.
The book is available, here.
Top DSC Resources
- Article: What is Data Science? 24 Fundamental Articles Answering This Question
- Article: Hitchhiker’s Guide to Data Science, Machine Learning, R, Python
- Tutorial: Data Science Cheat Sheet
- Tutorial: How to Become a Data Scientist – On Your Own
- Categories: Data Science – Machine Learning – AI – IoT – Deep Learning
- Tools: Hadoop – DataViZ – Python – R – SQL – Excel
- Techniques: Clustering – Regression – SVM – Neural Nets – Ensembles – Decision Trees
- Links: Cheat Sheets – Books – Events – Webinars – Tutorials – Training – News – Jobs
- Links: Announcements – Salary Surveys – Data Sets – Certification – RSS Feeds – About Us
- Newsletter: Sign-up – Past Editions – Members-Only Section – Content Search – For Bloggers
- DSC on: Ning – Twitter – LinkedIn – Facebook – GooglePlus
Follow us on Twitter: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge