According to Wikipedia, MongoDB is a cross-platform document-oriented database. Classified as a NoSQL database, MongoDB avoids the traditional table-based relational database structure in favor of JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas (MongoDB calls the format BSON), making the integration of data in certain types of applications easier and faster. MongoDB is developed by MongoDB Inc. and is published as free and open-source software. MongoDB is the fourth most popular type of database management system, and the most popular for document stores.
MongoDB is definitely a great skill to have on your resume, if you are a data scientist. To install MongoDB on your computer, click here. Below, you will find dozens of job interview questions about MongoDB. For other related job interview questions (R, Python, Data Science, Hadoop, etc.) click here. The above picture compares the performance of four NoSQL database / file systems. Click here to read the article about these benchmarks.
Below are the MongoDB job interview questions:
- What is MongoDB?
- Why you use MongoDB?
- What’s New in MongoDB?
- What kind of database is MongoDB?
- In MongoDB , What is a namespace?
- In which language MongoDB is written?
- Do MongoDB databases have tables and schemas?
- What types of languages use to work with MongoDB?
- Which is the most powerful features in MongoDB?
- What is NoSQL Database and Why you use NoSQL Database?
- Is NoSQL Database Types?
- Is NoSQL Database will replace to RDBMS?
- Does MongoDB support SQL Server?
- What is the difference between MongoDB and CouchDB?
- What are different between MongoDB and Sql Server databases?
- How MongoDB is better than other SQL Server databases?
- How to create primary/foreign key relationships in MongoDB?
- Can MongoDB used for Cache Management?
- In MongoDB , What is Sharding?
- Why MongoDB data files so large(in size)?
For the full list and more answers, click here.
- Career: Training | Books | Cheat Sheet | Apprenticeship | Certification | Salary Surveys | Jobs
- Knowledge: Research | Competitions | Webinars | Our Book | Members Only | Search DSC
- Buzz: Business News | Announcements | Events | RSS Feeds
- Misc: Top Links | Code Snippets | External Resources | Best Blogs | Subscribe | For Bloggers
- What statisticians think about data scientists
- Data Science Compared to 16 Analytic Disciplines
- 10 types of data scientists
- 91 job interview questions for data scientists
- 50 Questions to Test True Data Science Knowledge
- 24 Uses of Statistical Modeling
- 21 data science systems used by Amazon to operate its business
- Top 20 Big Data Experts to Follow (Includes Scoring Algorithm)
- 5 Data Science Leaders Share their Predictions for 2016 and Beyond
- 50 Articles about Hadoop and Related Topics
- 10 Modern Statistical Concepts Discovered by Data Scientists
- Top data science keywords on DSC
- 4 easy steps to becoming a data scientist
- 22 tips for better data science
- How to detect spurious correlations, and how to find the real ones
- 17 short tutorials all data scientists should read (and practice)
- High versus low-level data science