From the Editor’s Desk
What are we looking for as far as content here at Data Science Central? DSC was built on the strength of its deep technical content, what I would call In the Weeds stories. These are stories that get into the technical details, that aren’t afraid of wading into deep math, programming, or hard science. We will always take a close look at these, as this is still the bread and butter of our site: articles about data analytics, programming, machine learning, artificial intelligence, knowledge graphs, and IOT, among others
Yet having said that, as data science and AI have spread outward, impacting other areas of computing and technology, the need for good writing about the impacts of AI and related technology are also rising – from medicine to manufacturing, the future of work to social media, even areas such as space technologies and smart cities. Take a look at our topics list above to get an idea about all of the areas that we currently cover, and understand that we will most certainly be expanding this list over time. These are focused more on the business person, the marketer, the creator, and so long as it touches on some aspects of AI, we will entertain publishing it.
What we do ask is that when you submit an article, your chance of getting published (and published quickly) will go up if you include both a primary article image at the top of the article and if you have an author profile image in your bio. Both of these make it easier for the editing team here to post to social media, promoting your work and ideas.
Data Science Central is your community. It is a chance to learn from other practitioners, and a chance to communicate what you know to the data science community overall. I encourage you to submit original articles and to make your name known to the people that are going to be hiring in the coming year. As always let us know what you think.
- Jump-start your career as a data scientist, data engineer, or analytics manager in Northwestern’s online MS in Data Science. You’ll learn from a faculty of industry experts as you build statistical and analytic expertise as well as the management and leadership skills necessary to implement high-level, data-driven decisions. Learn more.
- Future Tech Enterprise, Inc. creates customized Data Science Workstations (DSW) that reduce end-to-end data science workflows by up to 80%, helping your team to work smarter, faster and safer. Future Tech enjoys top-tier partner status with NVIDIA and leading OEM like Dell, HP, and Lenovo. Get all the computing power you need – hardware and software – to help you plow through data. Contact Future Tech.
DSC Featured Articles
- What are the Key Benefits of Using Big Data Analytics in Higher Edu…
- The Benefits Of Artificial intelligence Technology In Any Industry
- A Critical Comparison of the ML Platforms in an Evolving Market
- 4 Business Models of P2P Mobile Payments and Success Factors
- More Surprising Math Images
- What distributions do we need to use Deep Learning?
- Discontinuities in Causal AI. Classical & Quantum Detectors
- How 360-degree customer view helps your business?
- Correlation Analysis definition, formula and step by step procedure
- Determining Work from Home Metrics
- WordPress is a supreme web development platform
- Key Difference between Data Engineers and Data Scientists
- Demand Outlook of AI in Agriculture – Insights on Emerging Scope 2026
- Gradient Boosting Classifier
- Beautiful Mathematical Images
- 8 Social Media Marketing Practices Every Business Should Follow
- The Role Of IoT and Big Data In Payroll Process For Businesses
- The Complete Guide to Time Series Analysis
- How alternative data is helping investors make smarter deals
- Data Science Central Weekly Digest, 01 Feb 2021
- How to performance test big data applications
- The Open Group updates IT4IT, adds digital architect option
- Vendia raises $15.5M for serverless blockchain data sharing
- Automated speech recognition gives CX vendor an edge
- Document management vs. content management: How they differ
- IBM turns to open source software to build quantum ecosystem
- Automotive analytics drives consumer-focused industry
- Decision intelligence software boosted by analytics, AI
- Microsoft to improve voice controls in Outlook mobile
- RPA and AI: Understanding the difference
- Data catalog comparison to help you choose your best fit
- Biden wants review of IT exemption in Buy American law
Picture of the Week
275 Grove Street, Newton, Massachusetts, 02466 US
copyright 2021 TechTarget, Inc. all rights reserved. Designated trademarks, brands, logos and service marks are the property of their respective owners.