A non-technical look at A/B testing, based on Dan Siroker & Pete Koomen’s book, A / B Testing, The Most Powerful Way to Turn Clicks Into Customers.
Perhaps the two most important points:
- Make sure you are testing a clear hypothesis. For example., “Will adding a photo to the landing page increase donations earned per page view?” is better than “Will making a change to a page result in more visitors?”
- Wait until your results are statistically significant until declaring a winner. If you don’t have statistically significant results, rework your hypothesis and try again.
Click on picture to zoom in
Dan Siroker, Pete Koomen (2015). A / B Testing, The Most Powerful Way to Turn Clicks Into Customers.
- Free Book and Resources for DSC Members
- New Perspectives on Statistical Distributions and Deep Learning
- Time series, Growth Modeling and Data Science Wizardy
- Statistical Concepts Explained in Simple English
- Machine Learning Concepts Explained in One Picture
- Comprehensive Repository of Data Science and ML Resources
- Advanced Machine Learning with Basic Excel
- Difference between ML, Data Science, AI, Deep Learning, and Statistics
- Selected Business Analytics, Data Science and ML articles
- How to Automatically Determine the Number of Clusters in your Data
- Fascinating New Results in the Theory of Randomness
- Hire a Data Scientist | Search DSC | Find a Job
- Post a Blog | Forum Questions