This resource is part of a series on specific topics related to data science: regression, clustering, neural networks, deep learning, decision trees, ensembles, correlation, Python, R, Tensorflow, SVM, data reduction, feature selection, experimental design, cross-validation, model fitting, and many more. To keep receiving these articles, sign up on DSC.
Click on picture to zoom in
26 Statistical Concepts Explained in Simple English
- Durbin Watson Test & Test Statistic
- Ecological Validity: Definition and Examples
- EM Algorithm (Expectation-maximization): Simple Definition
- Empirical Distribution Function / Empirical CDF
- Empirical Rule: What is it?
- Endogenous Variable and Exogenous Variable: Definition and Classifying
- Erlang Distribution: Definition, Examples
- Error Term: Definition and Examples
- Estimator: Simple Definition and Examples
- Eta Squared / Partial Eta Squared
- Excel Data Analysis ToolPak: Easy Steps and Video 2016-2007
- Excel Multiple Regression (Polynomial Regression)
- Excel PERCENTRANK Function, PERCENTILE & RANK
- Excel Regression Analysis Output Explained
- Expected Frequency: Definition, Formula, Calculation
- Expected Monetary Value EMV: Definition & Example
- Expected Value in Statistics: Definition and Calculations
- Experimental Design
- Extrapolation & Interpolation: What are they?
- Confounding Variable: Simple Definition and Example
- Fixed Effects / Random Effects / Mixed Models and Omitted Variable …
- Experimental Group (Treatment Group): Definition, Examples
- Expert Sampling / Judgment Sampling
- Explanatory Variable & Response Variable: Simple Definition and…
- Exponential Distribution / Negative Exponential: Definition, Examples
- Exponential Smoothing: Definition of Simple, Double and Triple
- External Validity Definition & Examples
- Extraneous Variable Simple Definition
Previous editions can be accessed here: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5. Also, if you downloaded our book Applied Stochastic Processes, there is an error page 64, that I fixed. The new version of the book can be found here.
To make sure you keep getting these emails, please add [email protected] to your address book or whitelist us.
- Book and Resources for DSC Members
- Comprehensive Repository of Data Science and ML Resources
- Advanced Machine Learning with Basic Excel
- Difference between ML, Data Science, AI, Deep Learning, and Statistics
- Selected Business Analytics, Data Science and ML articles
- Hire a Data Scientist | Search DSC | Find a Job
- Post a Blog | Forum Questions