This article was written by Jean Francois Puget.
What programming language should one learn to get a machine learning or data science job? That’s the silver bullet question. It is debated in many forums. I could provide here my own answer to it and explain why, but I’d rather look at some data first. After all, this is what machine learners and data scientists should do: look at data, not opinions.
So, let’s look at some data. I will use the trend search available on indeed.com. It looks for occurrences over time of selected terms in job offers. It gives an indication of what skills employers are seeking. Note however that it is not a poll on which skills are effectively in use. It is rather an advanced indicator of how skill popularity evolve (more formally, it is probably close to the first order derivative of popularity as the latter is the difference of hiring skills plus retraining skills minus retiring and leaving skills).
Top DSC Resources
- Free Book: Applied Stochastic Processes
- Comprehensive Repository of Data Science and ML Resources
- Advanced Machine Learning with Basic Excel
- Difference between ML, Data Science, AI, Deep Learning, and Statistics
- Selected Business Analytics, Data Science and ML articles
- Hire a Data Scientist | Search DSC | Classifieds | Find a Job
- Post a Blog | Forum Questions