This article was written by Harsh Sikka. This version is a summary of the original article.
Start with Mathematics for Machine Learning Specialization on Coursera. If starting from complete scratch, the topics you should certainly review/cover, in any order are as follows:
- Linear Algebra — Professor Strang’s textbook and MIT Open Courseware course are recommended for good reason. Khan Academy also has some great resources, and there is a helpful set of review notes from Stanford.
- Multivariate Calculus — Again, MIT Open Courseware has good courses, and so does Khan Academy.
- Probability — Stanford’s CS 229, a course I’ve mentioned later, has an awesome probability review worth checking out.
To read the original article, click here.
- Book and Resources for DSC Members
- Comprehensive Repository of Data Science and ML Resources
- Advanced Machine Learning with Basic Excel
- Difference between ML, Data Science, AI, Deep Learning, and Statistics
- Selected Business Analytics, Data Science and ML articles
- Hire a Data Scientist | Search DSC | Find a Job
- Post a Blog | Forum Questions