Here is our selection of articles and resources featured today. Enjoy the reading!
How We Combined Different Methods to Create Advanced Time Series Prediction
Today, businesses need to be able to predict demand and trends to stay in line with any sudden market changes and economy swings. This is exactly where forecasting tools, powered by Data Science, come into play, enabling organizations to successfully deal with strategic and capacity planning. Smart forecasting techniques can be used to reduce any possible risks and assist in making well-informed decisions. One of our customers, an enterprise from the Middle East, needed to predict their market demand for the upcoming twelve weeks. They required a market forecast to help them set their short-term objectives, such as production strategy, as well as assist in capacity planning and price control. So, we came up with an idea of creating a custom time series model capable of tackling the challenge. In this article, we will cover the modelling process as well as the pitfalls we had to overcome along the way. Click here to read more.
R, Python or SAS: Which one should you learn first?
Python, R and SAS are the three most popular languages in data science. If you are new to the world of data science and aren’t experienced in either of these languages, it makes sense to be unsure of whether to learn R, SAS or Python. Click here to read more.
In the previous example we used clustering to see if an apparent pattern exists within Brexit tweets. We found out that we have three distinct patterns, the leave, the referendum, and Brexit. This in itself helps us think that we may even create a classifier that can identify if the tweet writer is pro or agains an issue automatically, with no human intervention. Click here to read more.
IoT Machine Learning – Industrial or Printing Press revolution?
Many people worry that “AI” will usher in a new Industrial revolution where machines replace humans. My take is that it will be more like the Printing press revolution that launched the Age of Enlightenment! The effect will be less of soaring productivity but more of better decision-making leading to a SMARTER society. Click here to read more.
What Is the Future of Data Warehousing?
As valuable as older BI applications and deployments have been over the years, they simply cannot keep pace with customer demands today. In fact, decision-makers in IT and business have reported a number of challenges when they have only deployed traditional BI. These include […] Click here to read more.
Top DSC Resources
- Article: What is Data Science? 24 Fundamental Articles Answering This Question
- Article: Hitchhiker’s Guide to Data Science, Machine Learning, R, Python
- Tutorial: Data Science Cheat Sheet
- Tutorial: How to Become a Data Scientist – On Your Own
- Categories: Data Science – Machine Learning – AI – IoT – Deep Learning
- Tools: Hadoop – DataViZ – Python – R – SQL – Excel
- Techniques: Clustering – Regression – SVM – Neural Nets – Ensembles – Decision Trees
- Links: Cheat Sheets – Books – Events – Webinars – Tutorials – Training – News – Jobs
- Links: Announcements – Salary Surveys – Data Sets – Certification – RSS Feeds – About Us
- Newsletter: Sign-up – Past Editions – Members-Only Section – Content Search – For Bloggers
- DSC on: Ning – Twitter – LinkedIn – Facebook – GooglePlus