Every person and every organization in the world manages data, whether they realize it or not. Data is used to describe the world around us and can be used for almost any purpose, from analyzing consumer habits to fighting disease and serious organized crime.
But we now live in an interconnected world driven by mass data creation and consumption where data is no longer rows and columns restricted to a spreadsheet, but an organic and evolving asset in its own right. With this realization comes major challenges for organizations: how do we manage the sheer size of data being created every second (think not only spreadsheets and databases, but also social media posts, images, videos, music, blogs and so on)? And once we can manage all of this data, how do we derive real value from it?
The focus of Machine Learning with Apache Spark written by Jillur Quddus and published by Packt is to help us answer these questions in a hands-on manner.
What you will learn:
- Understand how Spark fits in the context of the big data ecosystem
- Understand how to deploy and configure a local development environment using Apache Spark
- Understand how to design supervised and unsupervised learning models
- Build models to perform NLP, deep learning, and cognitive services using Spark ML libraries
- Design real-time machine learning pipelines in Apache Spark
- Become familiar with advanced techniques for processing a large volume of data by applying machine learning algorithms
About Jillur Quddus:
- Jillur Quddus is a lead technical architect, polyglot software engineer and data scientist with over 10 years of hands-on experience in architecting and engineering distributed, scalable, high-performance, and secure solutions used to combat serious organized crime, cybercrime, and fraud
- Jillur is both the founder of Keisan, a UK-based company specializing in open source distributed technologies and machine learning, and the lead technical architect at Methods, the leading digital transformation partner for the UK public sector