As mobile apps continue to become increasingly intricate offerings, there has been an immense focus on testing these apps too. This is understandable because often mobile apps are the foundation of the business and any issues in the department can deal a major blow to the organization. The testing of a mobile app is a challenging task. It involves testing across numerous devices, OS platforms and several versions that are available in the market, including the most latest ones. Though until the testing is complete, it is hard to assume whether the app worked fine on Android since it works best on iOS too. Further, to minimize the cost involved in setting up the test lab, cloud-based mobile app testing is a preferred option over mobile app testing.
However, given the variety of considerations involved in app testing, companies are feeling a pressing need for more reliable and agile solutions for their QA requirements. This is where cloud-based mobile app testing comes in.
Before we delve into the subject further, it is important to verify you need a cloud-based testing solution. To ensure there indeed exists a true need for cloud-based testing, companies must analyze a handful of factors relevant to the process, i.e. if the app is web-based, who are the end-users, if the app has a complex UI, if the app includes features that are updated regularly, and other such things.
Time to read up about the benefits:
- Ease of access: The cool thing about cloud-based mobile app testing is that it can be accessed from wherever the tester may be located. It also allows companies to run automated test scripts on machines located in various time zones.
- Improved efficiency: As compared to manual testing, cloud-based mobile app testing is decidedly quicker. Consequently, testing teams can achieve substantially improved levels of efficiency and also a better quality app.
- Simple process: Cloud-based testing is quite simple; no, really: most services allow such tests to be executed via a simple visit to a URL instead of necessitating the use of an elaborate process.
Now, some tools you can use to perform cloud-based mobile app testing:
- Kobiton: It enables manual and automated tests to be executed concurrently and that too at scale. It also offers scriptless automation tools for mobile app testing.
- AWS Device Farm: This tool facilitates simultaneous tests across real devices to accelerate the process. It also offers logs, videos, etc. to ensure issues can be swiftly identified.
Let us wrap this up with a quick look at how to run cloud-based mobile app testing:
- First, identify a service that can handle frameworks for cloud mobile app tests. Also, make sure the service you select can accommodate the unique mobile environment for your app test.
- Remember that while most cloud mobile testing services offer support for iOS and Android devices they may involve additional requirements for deployment across mobile devices running other OS platforms.
- Public clouds such as Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc. typically offer mobile cloud testing services albeit with a restricted set of testing features. If you need specialized mobile cloud testing, you may want to look at other options or additions.
- The final step before you start testing is to set up a well-thought-out strategy to ensure an optimal test process.
As you can gauge from the above discussion, cloud-based mobile app testing brings forth a world of benefits to any organization that chooses to embrace this novel method to verify the quality and performance of its apps. If you too want to leverage its benefits, we recommend you get in touch with a trusted name for mobile application testing services and get started ASAP.