I recently did an analysis on what factors help increase data science salaries. Here is some of what I learned helps increase your data science salary:
1) Learning cloud computing and big data tools. They are strongly correlated with positive salary outcomes.
2) Embracing a multitude of new technologies–aiming to learn a diversity of data science tools.
3) The ability to negotiate, and the willingness to always negotiate salary.
4) Geographically, when adjusted for cost of living, you’ll want to live in San Jose. Failing that, San Francisco or Seattle will do just fine.
5) Unfortunately, data science still has a bias when it comes to a gender gap in pay.
Here are my findings in a graphical form 🙂