In a world where technology is evolving at a tremendous pace, it comes as no surprise that there’s an increase in demand for apps that interact with users in real time. And, it is no secret that the development of real-time apps is an extremely popular concept in the global market, thanks to rapid digitalization as well as the need for constant access to up-to-date information. Today, almost every app we see has at least one smart feature that is integrated with messages or notifications. So, what tools should one use while building such an app? While there are plenty of options available in the market, there seems to be a growing consensus that Node.js is the top choice.
Node.js is evolving as the best option to develop such apps where speed is the most important aspect along with scalability. It is the technology of choice for real-time apps that are data-intensive and connected to IoT devices
Read on to see why that is.
- Cost-efficacy: More often than not, companies that are looking to build apps for their businesses find themselves constrained by their budgets. This is quite understandable, of course, especially since web app development can be a considerably expensive undertaking. Thankfully, this is not a concern with Node.js because it helps alleviate development costs without taking a toll on the quality, features, productivity, etc. of the app.
- Accelerated development: One of the biggest benefits of using Node.js is that it is highly conducive to the quick development of real-time web apps that are robust to their cores. These apps made using Node.js are also highly capable of managing several parallel connections at the same time. Oh and let us not forget that Node.js is quite compatible with Java frameworks — a fact that helps to further speed up the development process.
- SEO friendly: There is absolutely no doubting the fact that high SEO performance is critical for success in today’s digital world. Interestingly, Node.js can help in that regard as well, allowing companies to make sure that their apps are SEO-friendly and thus, rank well on search engines. Node.js achieves this via back-end rendering which boosts the app’s SEO ranking. Plus, Node.js is easy to use.
- Code reusability: Yet another compelling benefit of Node.js is code reusability. This means when developers are working on their web app development project, they can leverage the NPM manager to use all available components in the community. As you can imagine, this ability to seamlessly make use of code components across apps delivers a significant boost to productivity as well as the time it takes to get done with the development of any given app.
In addition to the aforementioned benefits, Node.js is also a terrific resource when it comes to the development of real-time apps. How come? Well, because it offers:
- Data syncing: Thanks to the ability to use the non-blocking I/O feature, sharing of data between the server and client is accelerated.
- Event-based server: Since real-time apps must deal with users in real-time Node.js enables response based on the event-driven server which helps with the non-blocking functioning.
As you can see ladies and gentlemen, Node.js comes loaded with a world of features and functionalities that are highly conducive to the development of real-time apps as well as others. So, as long as you strategize your custom Node.js development project well, you can rest assured that you will have a quality project on your hands by the time development is complete.