This article was posted by Arpan Gupta (Indian Institute of Technology).
Let’s learn from a precise demo on Fitting Logistic Regression on Titanic Data Set for Machine Learning
Description:On April 15, 1912, the Titanic sank after colliding with an iceberg, killing 1502 out of 2224 passengers and crew. This tragedy has led to better safety regulations for ships.
Machine learning Problem : To predict which passengers survived in this tragedy based on the data given
What we will do :
- Basic cleaning for missing values in train and test data set
- Five-fold cross-validation
- Model used is Logistic Regression
- Predict for test data set
Let’s import the library.
To see the algorithms, click here.
Top DSC Resources
- Article: What is Data Science? 24 Fundamental Articles Answering This Question
- Article: Hitchhiker’s Guide to Data Science, Machine Learning, R, Python
- Tutorial: Data Science Cheat Sheet
- Tutorial: How to Become a Data Scientist – On Your Own
- Categories: Data Science – Machine Learning – AI – IoT – Deep Learning
- Tools: Hadoop – DataViZ – Python – R – SQL – Excel
- Techniques: Clustering – Regression – SVM – Neural Nets – Ensembles – Decision Trees
- Links: Cheat Sheets – Books – Events – Webinars – Tutorials – Training – News – Jobs
- Links: Announcements – Salary Surveys – Data Sets – Certification – RSS Feeds – About Us
- Newsletter: Sign-up – Past Editions – Members-Only Section – Content Search – For Bloggers
- DSC on: Ning – Twitter – LinkedIn – Facebook – GooglePlus