Hadoop is an open-source framework that stores and process big data in a distributed environment using simple programming models. It is designed to scale up from single servers to thousands of machines, while each offers local computation and storage. Hadoop divides a file into blocks and stores across a cluster of machines. It achieves fault tolerance by replicating the blocks on a cluster.
Hadoop can be used as a flexible and easy way for the distributed processing of large enterprise data sets. Apart from humongous data, it includes structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data including Internet clickstreams records, web server, social media posts, customer emails, mobile application logs, and sensor data from the Internet of Things (IoT). In brief, Big data is made simple with Hadoop. So, Hadoop professionals get hired everywhere. It is an in-demand job these days.
To sustain in the cut-throat competition, Hadoop certifications help you sustain in the market. Big companies like TCS, Wipro, Cognizant, and more are employing professionals who have earned certifications.
Let’s move forward and understand more about the significance of Hadoop and its certifications in detail.
Importance of Hadoop
Hadoop is a valuable technology for big data analytics for the reasons as mentioned below:
- Stores and processes humongous data at a faster rate. The data may be structured, semi-structured, or unstructured
- Protects application and data processing against hardware failures. Whenever a node gets down, the processing gets redirected automatically to other nodes and ensures running of applications
- Organizations can store raw data and processor filter it for specific analytic uses as and when required
- As Hadoop is scalable, organizations can handle more data by adding more nodes into the systems
- Supports real-time analytics, drives better operational decision-making and batch workloads for historical analysis
Skills of Hadoop professionals
There are various job domains like Hadoop Developer, Hadoop Architect, Hadoop Administrator, Hadoop Tester, and Data scientist.
Hadoop professionals have an analytical mindset that can learn-unlearn-relearn. Some of the skills of Hadoop professionals include ability to work with humongous data to derive business intelligence; use Hadoop for big data analytics; propose data-driven strategies; knowledge of OOP languages like Java, C++, and Python; knowledge of database theories, structures, categories, and best practices; knowledge of installation, configuration, maintenance, and securing Hadoop.
The Hadoop professionals are well-versed with some of the tools like Apache – Flume, HBase, Hive, Oozie, Phoenix, Pig, and so forth. Some of the Hadoop use cases include customer analytics, risk management, and operational intelligence. Thus, Hadoop professionals, especially those who hold Hadoop certifications are in demand everywhere.
Benefits of earning Hadoop certifications
In this competitive world, most of the job postings demand Hadoop certifications as a mandate to hire professionals. They have an expert hold on the subject matter and demonstrate their ability to innovatively solve business problems. The certification enhances your practical knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem components. So, certified Hadoop professionals earn more than their non-certified peer group.
Hadoop certifications available in the market
Various market leaders are providing Hadoop certifications. However, you can choose the one that suits your personal needs, organizational requirements, cost, and validity of the certification. There are different Hadoop certifications for data scientists, developers, or administrators. To mention a few, they are:
Cloudera Hadoop Certification
- Cloudera Certified Professional – Data Scientist (CCP DS)
- Cloudera Certified Administrator for Hadoop (CCAH)
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer (CCDH)
Cloudera certifications suit data scientists.
Hortonworks Hadoop Certifications
- Hortonworks Certified Apache Hadoop Developer (HCAHD)
- Hortonworks Certified Apache Hadoop Administrator (HCAHA)
MapR Hadoop Certifications
- MapR Certified Hadoop Developer (MCHD)
- MapR Certified Hadoop Administrator (MCHA)
- MapR Certified HBase Developer (MCHBD)
Key take away
Follow the industry trend. Pave the way for your career enhancement with Hadoop certification that suits your business and interest.