For many years brands have failed to deliver valuable packaging experiences due to a lack of technology implementation. But now due to the introduction of advanced technologies such as IoT in packaging, we are sighted the future of this industry is intelligent, media-enhanced packaging.
In recent years, the packaging industry has witnessed a tremendous increase in demand for different products due to changes in consumer habits and the introduction of new & innovative products embedded with advanced packaging technologies. Companies are investing heavily in research and development activities to develop products with distinguishable characteristics.
What’s more, consumer inclination towards convenience products such as packaged food has resulted in the development of products with advanced packaging technologies that offer longer shelf life through gas absorption and scavenging systems.
Advanced Packaging Technologies Market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.5% by 2026
Across the globe, active packaging is gaining traction for food packaging applications due to its properties that enhance shelf life and the ability to reflect the properties of contained food on the packaging. Embedding advanced packaging technologies such as freshness and temperature indicators on food packaging products by a large number of brand owners all over the world is helping them acquire more customers and gain a competitive advantage in the packaged food industry.
Leading packaging companies are collaborating with technology providers to develop advanced packaging technologies for their products. Global food and beverages companies are showing immense interest in adopting packaging solutions with advanced packaging technologies.
How IoT Packaging Changes the Game
● Authentication: Using microchips scanners can verify the authenticity of a product.
● Tampering Sensors: This type of packaging can register whether or not a product has been tampered with.
● Tracking Logs: It allows access to the lifecycle of each SKU which allows companies to more easily identify errors along the supply chain.
● Temperature Sensors: Since some products are sensitive to environmental changes, NFC stickers with temperature sensors can track these changes.
● Reorder Triggers: Smart packaging can allow consumers and retailers to automatically reorder products when stock runs low.
● Digital Labels: It can allow consumers to access all information about goods.
Innovation and new product launches in the global advanced packaging technologies market are the major factors that are being considered by leading packaging manufacturers. Brand owners are rethinking their strategies and planning to launch new products with advanced packaging technologies. Such initiatives are responsible for embarking on new products in the advanced packaging technologies market. Brand owners think that products with advanced packaging technologies will create brand differentiation at the point of sale.
Download PDF Brochure to Know More about Interactive Packaging