OpenStack Open Source Cloud software is one of the most used cloud infrastructures to support a wide variety of use cases, from software development to big data analysis. It is developed by a thriving community of individual developers from around the globe and backed by most of the leading players in the cloud space today. OpenStack has a strong ecosystem that helps you provision your cloud storage needs. Add OpenStack’s enterprise features to reduce the cost of your business.
This is the fourth edition of the industry-acclaimed OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook, created by four recognized OpenStack experts (Kevin Jackson, Cody Bunch, Egle Sigler and James Denton). It has now been updated to work with the latest OpenStack builds, using tools and processes based on their collective and vast OpenStack experience.
Who this book is for:
This book is written for cloud system engineers, system administrators, and technical architects who are moving from a virtualized environment to cloud environments. This book assumes that you are familiar with cloud computing platforms, and have knowledge of virtualization, networking, and managing Linux environments.
What You will learn with this book:
- Understand, install, configure, and manage a complete OpenStack Cloud platform using OpenStack-Ansible
- Configure networks, routers, load balancers, and more with Neutron
- Use Keystone to setup domains, roles, groups and user access
- Learn how to use Swift and setup container access control lists
- Gain hands-on experience and familiarity with Horizon, the OpenStack Dashboard user interface
- Automate complete solutions with our recipes on Heat, the OpenStack Orchestration service as well as using Ansible to orchestrate application workloads
- Follow practical advice and examples to run OpenStack in production
Get a preview of the book here for a closer look.