Have you ever felt frustrated when try to look for some data on Google? Pages of relevant websites but none can fulfill your expectation? Have you ever felt that your articles are less persuasive without data support?
- World Health Organization – World Health Organization offers data and analysis on global health priorities, like world hunger, health, and disease.
- The Broad Institute – The Broad Institute offers a number of data sets in biology and medicine.
- Amazon Web Service – Amazon Web Service is a cross-science cloud-based data platform concerning Chemistry, Biology, Economy, and so on. It is also an attempt to build the most comprehensive database of human genetic information and NASA’s database of satellite imagery of Earth.
- Figshare – Figshare is a platform for sharing research results. In here, you would be able to see some amazing findings from amazing people around the globe.
- UCLA – Sometimes UCLA shares some of their findings in research papers.
- UCI Machine Learning Repository – This website currently maintains 394 data sets as a service to the machine learning community
- Github – Some cool guys built the GitHub community, sharing bunch of awesome data sets. Now the data inside is offered by everyone, and offered to everyone.
- Pew Research Center – Pew Research Center offers its raw data from its fascinating research into American life.
- Data.gov – Data.gov is the home of the U.S. government’s open data. You could find data, tools and resources here to conduct research, data visualization, etc.
- US Census Bureau – US Census Bureau is a wealth of information on the lives of US citizens covering population data, geographic data and education.
- Open Data Network – Open Data Network is an easy-searching website for you to find government related data, with nice visualization tools built-in.
- European Union Open data portal – The European Union Open Data is for accessing a growing range of data from European Union Institution.
- Canada Open Data – Canada Open Data enables you to get quick, easy access to the government of Canada’s most requested services and information.
- Open Government Data – This website provides visitors with great open government data from US, EU, Canada, CKAN, and more.
- The CIA World Factbook – The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Gov.uk – Gov.uk is the data from the UK Government, including the British National Bibliography – metadata on all UK books and publications since 1950.
- Health Data.gov – Health Data Gov is dedicated to making high value health data more accessible to entrepreneurs, researchers, and policy makers in the hopes of better health outcomes for all. It has 125 years of US healthcare data including claim-level Medicare data, epidemiology and population statistics.
- UNICEF – Unicef offers statistics and reports on the situation of children worldwide.
- National Climatic Data Center – National Climatic Data Center is a huge collection of environmental, meteorological and climate data sets from the US National Climatic Data Center. The world’s largest archive of weather data.
- Google public data includes data from world development indicators, OECD, and human development indicators, mostly related to economics data and the world.
- Google Trends – Statistics on search volume (as a proportion of total search) for any given term, since 2004.
- Google Finance – 40 years’ worth of stock market data, updated in real time.
- Ebay – Two of the biggest E-commerce platforms in U.S., listing tons of products for customers. In the meanwhile, offers product information for marketers and researchers for analyses.
- Yelp – Many restaurants are listed on this website, customers do reviews about restaurants and these reviews can help other customers choose which restaurants to dine. Also, restaurant information and customer reviews are extremely valuable for marketer to study.
- Yellowpages – Yellowpages is a big brand even before we entered the Internet era. The website offers business info.
- Cars – This website provides car info, both used cars and new cars. Also including the owner’s contacting info.
These three websites list houses, apartments that are on sales or for rent, and offers very comprehensive housing info.
- Trip Advisor – A platform for customers to review great hotels around the world. It allows visitors to find the best hotels for vacation through reviews, and these reviews are very worthy studying if you’re in hotel industry.
Recruiting, Work Place
- Glassdoor – A recruiting website, listing thousands of vacant positions. Information extracted can be used for labor cost studying.
- Linkedin – The best social media for formal communicating. Thousands of users are registered, and user profiles are quite convincing. Very useful for people try to find a job, or get some sales leads.
- Indeed – Stats about jobs and compensation
- Payscale – Stats about jobs and compensation
Author: The Octoparse Team