This article on a complete tutorial to learn Data Science with Pyhon from scratch, was posted by Kunal Jain. Kunal is a post graduate from IIT Bombay in Aerospace Engineering. He has spent more than 8 years in field of Data Science. He learned basics of Python within a week. And, since then, he has not only explored this language to the depth, but also has helped many other to learn this language.
Python was originally a general purpose language. But, over the years, with strong community support, this language got dedicated library for data analysis and predictive modeling.
Due to lack of resource on python for data science, he decided to create this tutorial to help many others to learn python faster. In this tutorial, you will take bite sized information about how to use Python for Data Analysis, chew it till you are comfortable and practice it at your own end.
What you can find in this article :
1 Basics of Python for Data Analysis
- Why learn Python for data analysis?
- Python 2.7 v/s 3.4
- How to install Python?
- Running a few simple programs in Python
2 Python libraries and data structures
- Python Data Structures
- Python Iteration and Conditional Constructs
- Python Libraries
3 Exploratory analysis in Python using Pandas
- Introduction to series and dataframes
- Analytics Vidhya dataset- Loan Prediction Problem
4 Data Munging in Python using Pandas
5 Building a Predictive Model in Python
- Logistic Regression
- Decision Tree
- Random Forest
To check out all this information, click here. For other articles about Python, click here.
- Career: Training | Books | Cheat Sheet | Apprenticeship | Certification | Salary Surveys | Jobs
- Knowledge: Research | Competitions | Webinars | Our Book | Members Only | Search DSC
- Buzz: Business News | Announcements | Events | RSS Feeds
- Misc: Top Links | Code Snippets | External Resources | Best Blogs | Subscribe | For Bloggers
- What statisticians think about data scientists
- Data Science Compared to 16 Analytic Disciplines
- 10 types of data scientists
- 91 job interview questions for data scientists
- 50 Questions to Test True Data Science Knowledge
- 24 Uses of Statistical Modeling
- 21 data science systems used by Amazon to operate its business
- Top 20 Big Data Experts to Follow (Includes Scoring Algorithm)
- 5 Data Science Leaders Share their Predictions for 2016 and Beyond
- 50 Articles about Hadoop and Related Topics
- 10 Modern Statistical Concepts Discovered by Data Scientists
- Top data science keywords on DSC
- 4 easy steps to becoming a data scientist
- 22 tips for better data science
- How to detect spurious correlations, and how to find the real ones
- 17 short tutorials all data scientists should read (and practice)
- High versus low-level data science
Follow us on Twitter: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge