This list of Data Science tools for people who aren’t so good at Programming was compiled by Aarshay Jain, from Analytics Vidhya.
Programming is an integral part of data science. Among other things, it is considered that a mind which understands programming logic, loops, and functions has higher chances of becoming a successful data scientist. So, what about people who never studied programming subject in their school or college ?
The list of tools:
1. RapidMiner (RM)
RM covers the entire life-cycle of prediction modeling, starting from data preparation to model building and finally validation and deployment.
2. DataRobot (DR)
DataRobot (DR) is a highly automated machine-learning platform built by all time best Kagglers including Jeremy Achin, Thoman DeGodoy and Owen Zhang.
BigML is another platform with ~Mn USD in funding. It provides a good GUI which takes the user through 6 steps.
4. Google Cloud Prediction API
The Google Cloud Prediction API offers RESTful APIs for building machine learning models for android applications.
Paxata is one of the few organizations which focus on data cleaning and preparation, NOT the machine learning or statistical modeling part.
Trifacta is another startup focused on data preparation.
It has 2 products offering:
- Wrangler – a free stand-alone software
- Wrangler Enterprise – licensed professional version
7. Narrative Science
Narrative Science is based on a unique idea in the sense that it generates automated reports using data.
MLBase is an open-source project developed by AMP (Algorithms Machines People) Lab at University of California, Berkeley.
Weka is a data mining software written in Java, developed at the Machine Learning Group at University of Waikato, New Zealand.
10. Automatic Statistician
Automatic Statistician is not a product per se but a research organization which is creating a data exploration and analysis tool.
- Career: Training | Books | Cheat Sheet | Apprenticeship | Certification | Salary Surveys | Jobs
- Knowledge: Research | Competitions | Webinars | Our Book | Members Only | Search DSC
- Buzz: Business News | Announcements | Events | RSS Feeds
- Misc: Top Links | Code Snippets | External Resources | Best Blogs | Subscribe | For Bloggers
- What statisticians think about data scientists
- Data Science Compared to 16 Analytic Disciplines
- 10 types of data scientists
- 91 job interview questions for data scientists
- 50 Questions to Test True Data Science Knowledge
- 24 Uses of Statistical Modeling
- 21 data science systems used by Amazon to operate its business
- Top 20 Big Data Experts to Follow (Includes Scoring Algorithm)
- 5 Data Science Leaders Share their Predictions for 2016 and Beyond
- 50 Articles about Hadoop and Related Topics
- 10 Modern Statistical Concepts Discovered by Data Scientists
- Top data science keywords on DSC
- 4 easy steps to becoming a data scientist
- 22 tips for better data science
- How to detect spurious correlations, and how to find the real ones
- 17 short tutorials all data scientists should read (and practice)
- High versus low-level data science