This is our second post of a new series featuring articles published long ago. We manually selected articles that were most popular or overlooked, time-insensitive (for instance we eliminated articles about data science products because software packages and platforms have evolved so much over the last few years) and we only kept articles that still make sense and are useful today. Our previous edition can be found here.
18 Timeless Data Science Articles
- How To Determine If A Sample Is Representative
- Fake data science
- Are Lottery Winning Numbers Really Random?
- Structured vs. Unstructured Data: The Rise of Data Anarchy
- New, state-of-the-art random number generator: simple, strong and f…
- Fast Combinatorial Feature Selection with New Definition of Predict…
- Data Veracity +
- Cluster analysis with categorical variables ?
- Taxonomy of Data Scientists
- How to build simple, accurate, data-driven, model-free confidence i…
- Three classes of metrics: centrality, volatility, and bumpiness
- Identifying the number of clusters: finally a solution
- Predictive, Descriptive, Prescriptive Analytics
- Row vs Columnar vs NoSQL Databases
- Why and how you should build a data dictionary for big data sets
- Clustering idea for very large datasets
- SQL to NoSQL translator
- R + Hadoop = Data Analytics Heaven
- Can you win a Facebook data science job? Take the test!
Enjoy the reading!
Source: article marked with a +
- Services: Hire a Data Scientist | Search DSC | Classifieds | Find a Job
- Contributors: Post a Blog | Ask a Question
- Follow us: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge