I just moved.
I’d like to say that I was highly organized, that I knew where every box ended up and what was in each box.
I would be lying.
Most people who move know the feeling of living in boxes even after the movers have left, the days spent dodging labyrinths of teetering cardboard, their arms and legs scored with paper cuts where they misjudged that one particular stack that seemed to have taken on a malicious life of its own.
In retrospect, I’ve decided I’m going to go truly high-tech next time: buy a batch of beacons, one for each box, my laptop open as I carefully pack each cardboard container with my sundry possessions, adding each item into a personal knowledge graph so that I can tell exactly where everything in my new house, organized by topic, by room, by owner. I will gleefully take screenshots showing how masterful my graph-fu skills are for future articles, and maybe, just maybe, I wouldn’t then have to sleep on the couch at night because I inadvertently packed the family cat.
Ah, who am I kidding? The reality of most data management projects is that you have really cool ideas like this only after you’ve had to spend a few nights on the couch.
Okay, now to find the dog.
In media res,
To subscribe to the DSC Newsletter, go to Data Science Central and become a member today. It’s free!
Data Science Central Editorial Calendar
DSC is looking for editorial content specifically in these areas for May 2022, with these topics having higher priority than other incoming articles.
- Data Agility
- Graph Algorithms
- Autonomous Drones
- Knowledge Graphs and Modeling
- Military AI
- Cloud and GPU
- Data Agility
- Metaverse and Shared Worlds
- Astronomical AI
- Intelligent User Interfaces
DSC Featured Articles
- How Microsoft Power BI Revolutionizes Business Ryan Williamson on 20 Apr 2022
- How AI and ML are transforming data quality management? Indhu on 20 Apr 2022
- Agile, Agile 2 and Agility, Part II Howard M. Wiener on 20 Apr 2022
- Do regulatory data projects really need design-time data lineage? Probably not. Markus Buhmann on 20 Apr 2022
- Dark Energy, Dark Data Alan Morrison on 19 Apr 2022
- 5 Main Benefits of Distributed Cloud Computing Rumzz Bajwa on 19 Apr 2022
- Fallacy of Becoming Data-driven – Part 2: Cultural Transformation Bill Schmarzo on 18 Apr 2022
- AI and Healthcare: AI as a Triaging Tool for Healthcare ajitjaokar on 18 Apr 2022
- A Glossary of Knowledge Graph Terms Kurt Cagle on 18 Apr 2022
- Zero Trust Principles: What is Zero Trust Model? Edward Nick on 17 Apr 2022
- ML classifies gravitational-wave glitches with high accuracy Stephanie Glen on 17 Apr 2022
- Using Data Warehousing as a Service (DWaaS) To Improve Customer Experience Evan Morris on 17 Apr 2022
- DSC Weekly Digest 4/12/2022: Demographics Drives Analytics Kurt Cagle on 17 Apr 2022
- AWS Cloud Migration: All You Need to Know Ryan Williamson on 15 Apr 2022
- How AI is Changing Digital Marketing Ryan Solecki on 14 Apr 2022
- AI For Compliance: What, Why, How Edouard d’Archimbaud on 14 Apr 2022
- Benefits of Data Governance and Compliance Indhu on 14 Apr 2022
- How To Write A Technical Dissertation Edward Nick on 14 Apr 2022
- Fallacy of Becoming Data-driven – Part 1: Becoming Value-obsessed Bill Schmarzo on 14 Apr 2022
- Why Data Engineers are in Greater Demand than Data Scientists Aileen Scott on 14 Apr 2022
- How IoT Uses Machine Learning To Change The World Avani Trivedi on 12 Apr 2022
- Drag-and-drop Data Pipelining: The Next Disruptor in ML Jessica Gupta on 12 Apr 2022
- Advances Highlight the Future of IoT Security Nikita Godse on 12 Apr 2022
- 6 Business Applications that Badly Need Better AI Vincent Granville on 11 Apr 2022
- How exactly do you define Artificial Intelligence(AI)? ajitjaokar on 10 Apr 2022
Picture of the Week