In the context of software development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) refers to the process of automating the testing processes and procedures for apps, software, and anything else involving code. It helps automate repetitive, manual business processes through different RPA tools across both services and products with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
The automation testing offers RPA developers to tests their code daily. Business automation tools called RPA with the ability to provide a new powerful tool for testers and business users performing testing. It is especially true in the context of implementing large scale standard systems like SAP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce, etc.
Seems simple enough, right? Right. RPA test automation has come to play a critical role in the world of business and to help you understand that, here is a list of its key benefits:
- With RPA testing, companies can cut down the processing time by up to 40%.
- This process also serves to enhance the product's quality while also accelerating the development timeline.
- RPA allows companies to achieve better productivity as well as accuracy with the User Acceptance Test (UAT).
We have also collated a list of the best practices in order to help you understand how you can achieve the best possible value from the RPA testing process.
- Understand the business process and testing requirement: Unlike what some may have you believe, it is crucial that one first understands the intended goals of the automated process. This will allow testers to establish a solid foundation for what’s to come next in the testing process.
- Analyze the code: The mark of an ace tester is that they do not jump to testing the code right away; instead they study the code first. In order to ensure a quality testing process, it is vital that the teams charged with the task take the time to study the app’s code first in order to understand the flow of processes.
- Pick the right test scenarios: Testers must also seek to ensure that the testing automation for the app has been developed in accordance to the business’ requirements. One can do that by seeking out scenarios that unambiguously tend to all requirements stipulated in the plan.
- Develop individual test cases: It is also important to put all the research and analysis done in preparation of the testing process: this is done via development of test scripts and test cases encompassing several distinctive test results. You can put together the test script in a spreadsheet software to help you put together scripts that successfully cover all possible scenarios.
- Test the data: It is imperative to test the data for without ensuring validity of the data, all automated testing is sure to deliver compromised and inaccurate results, this defeating the purpose of the process.
- Eliminate unnecessary code and bugs: After the aforementioned steps have been integrated and tests have been run, take the time to carefully analyze the results you achieve. These results will help you better understand what is going wrong with the app, if at all, where it is going wrong, and how the identified issues can be effectively addressed.
- Conclusion: Once the testing process delivers the expected results is when you can finally deem the testing process effectively concluded.
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, some of the key ways to ensure that you are able to glean the best possible value out of the RPA testing process. However, if you wish to achieve a quick and seamless process while also achieving these benefits of the RPA testing process, we highly recommend you look for an expert QA and testing company to help you navigate this process and ensure you have a top-notch product to offer to your customers.