Home » Business Topics » Digital Workplace

A Handy Guide for Discerning Conversion Rate Optimization

  • Karen Anthony 
Conversion Rate Optimization. CRO Business Technology Finance concept on a virtual screen.
Conversion Rate Optimization. CRO Business Technology Finance concept on a virtual screen

Website traffic is a fundamental resource for every digital business. Yes, for obvious reasons – because there is more traffic, the conversion rate is better. If you want to get more and more customers to associate with your venture, you have to ensure enough traffic on your web portal. Along with this, traffic is essential for data-driven optimization practices like CRO or conversion rate optimization. There are standard testing procedures of CRO that rely heavily on web traffic for information to run the conclusive test. Deriving insights from these data related to web traffic is not a big deal for well-established enterprises, but what about small entrepreneurs? 

Every business person, irrespective of the nature of their business and the size of the venture, has to ensure better conversion optimization to deal with low website traffic. You cannot give up on conversion optimization and implement any random hypothesis. Hence, entrepreneurs must pay attention to CRO techniques and tips, which prove beneficial for websites with low traffic.  

The challenges in optimizing a low traffic website

Every entrepreneur understands the significance of the smooth functioning of the website for the optimal generation of revenues. Critical testing relies on information for getting a significant result and securing data. If you want to improve the arrangement of your website, you must get more traffic because that will help you with data acquisition. However, taking this route may be time-consuming and expensive at the same time. If you are the leader of a small venture, you have to take care of your finances. 

You don’t have time to wait for your website to rank and implement the best practices of CRO organically. In most cases, websites come with small sample sizes, and it takes time to reach the target audience when running tests with these small samples. Additionally, calling for a trial before the website gets statistical significance will expose you to a risk of implementing false-positive results. Hence, you will have a problem running any practices you may have done over time. Thus, optimization and testing for low-traffic websites is a challenging task. 

CRO tips that low-traffic websites may use

If you take the help of the internet, you will come across various generic CRO practices appropriate for high-traffic websites. However, what about the low-traffic pages? These start-ups that struggle to create their audience and build their brand value have to try a lot. However, there is a list of tips and tricks, which experts have provided. 

Run tests with a meager confidence level

The confidence level is a vital part of statistics, which indicates the truth of the test results before the population. In simple words, it will tell you the reliability of the test finding and your safety from implementing false consequences. If you go for a high confidence level, the chances of accurate test results also increase. For example, 

• Tests between samples C and D may run at 95% confidence. 

• It exposes to you that C is better than D. 

• Hence the chances of this result being accurate is 95% more. So you can rely on that C is better than D. 

• It exposes to you that there is only a 5% chance for the result to be false. 

When you take the test on various samples, you have to select a confidence level that ultimately decides the size of the sample. If you opt for a 95% confidence level, remember that it is a standard for performing the CRO test. It will only leave you with a 5% meager chance of a false test. However, if you go for a 95% confidence level, you require a vast sample size when running the test on a low-traffic website. Every entrepreneur has to expose him or her to this risk. 

Analyze micro-conversion

Conversion is a micro-level concept that leads one to macro conversion, which is the ultimate goal of every website. A micro conversion is a significant step representing the users’ interest in your enterprise. Tracking micro conversion is a good idea when optimizing a low-traffic website. Small conversion takes place frequently and is more in number than macro conversion. Tracking the small conversion gives an entrepreneur a high baseline conversion for building the test around. It is a typical knowledge that increases baseline conversion and reduces the sample size required for statistical significance. 

However, tracking this conversion trades accuracy, which again throws light on the test success. Micro conversion does not contribute to the bottom line and optimizing the website’s four different variables. Consequently, entrepreneurs may end up damaging the overall look. Hence, you need Online Impact 360 by your side for tracking micro conversion and ensuring that your efforts prove profitable when thinking of website conversion. Focusing on micro conversion is an integral part of the entire journey of optimizing the website. 

Go for profound changes

Honestly, enterprises survive without this. However, it does not mean that you don’t require any tests. When testing low-traffic websites, you don’t get time to try minute elements and gain detailed insight into user preferences. When you go for drastic changes in the variation, it may increase a primary variable. On the other hand, when you implement significant changes in the interpretation, it exposes a substantial alteration in baseline conversion. 

Amalgamate dynamic data with personalization

Around 65% of clients expect personalized digital engagement based on their previous interaction and digital behavior. Website personalization is a central CRO strategy that may lead to improved conversion irrespective of the traffic on the website. Website personalization provides dynamic content to the web visitors and ensures that the content is relevant and becomes a better resource for them. The website relies on content by serving dynamic data, a data-driven approach. Moreover, it has a positive impact on web traffic. It works on information brought from different sources, which include the following: 

• Location 

• Website interaction 

• Search history 

• Online behavior 

• Social interaction 

• CRM data 

• Demographic information 

When you go for dynamic data and personalization amalgamation, it sends emails and notifications with personalized information and adjusts the data according to the user history. Hence, personalization is a time-tested technique of optimization. 

By deploying usability testing, you reveal the friction point of your website. It will assist you in identifying how well your website serves the target audience. If you want to discover the strengths and weaknesses of your website, you have to grab the help of professionals. They will make every effort to improve the overall engagement rate and conversion of potential customers into actual customers.