Dr. Howe is passionate about learning and reading, science, financial trading, learning, computing, cutting-edge research, the human brain, classical music, and did I say learning? He acquired his doctorate degree in statistics from the University of Tennessee in 2009. Prior to that, he obtained his master degree in statistics and an MBA with a finance concentration; his undergraduate degree was in mathematics and physics. Andrew's expertise lies in the areas of:
- database architecture & management
- software development & computational optimization
- statistical analysis & quantitative modeling
Industries Dr. Howe has worked in include finance, healthcare, utilities, and petroleum.
Along with his work in business, Dr. Howe pursues an active independent research life, with a wide variety of research interests including:
- Information Complexity — How do we gauge the information in some data?
- Model Selection — How do we choose a “best” model among many models that could fit some data?
- Robust Modeling — How can we handle departures from the typical assumptions?
- Statistical Computing — How do we actually apply the three above topics to real data to get real solutions?
He regularly publishes articles in academic journals and presents original research at conferences.
Andrew is an accomplished problem solver with refined intellectual talent and curiosity-driven creativity.