We are seeking comments and suggestions on a proposed "Data Science Code of Professional Conduct".
Data science is an independent profession. Data scientists have a higher calling than just technical skills. We have a duty to use data science to make life, business and government better.
Six (6) key reasons why data science needs a voluntary code of conduct:
1. to establish data science as a true science and profession distinguished from data analysts, statisticians, actuaries and mathematicians - helps data scientists obtain new clients because clients reassured about contract to follow code, use scientific methods and protect clients confidential information;
2. to protect data scientists from unscrupulous clients who may desire to misuse data science;
3. to protect clients from data scientist charlatans and fraudulent data science;
4. to protect confidential information;
5. preempt imposed regulation - to have a system of self regulation good enough to persuade law-makers to avoid regulating data science;
6. to militate against data science leading to dystopia.
Review and Download Code @ http://bit.ly/YbsjXR
Please add comments in the reply section or email comments, suggestions and corrections to: [email protected]