What Is Salesforce Application Development?
It does not matter where you look or who you ask, you will find that Salesforce is the top CRM out there for any business. It is quick and easy to use as well as being a system that you can expand with many custom developed apps to suit your business. It is used by more than 150 thousand companies around the world and is continuing to grow.
It is a system that allows you to apply an off the shelf CRM system that will bring together every department in your company when it comes to understanding customer information. You can then use Salesforce custom app development to personalize any aspect of the software to meet your specific requirements.
This has resulted in a huge market for Salesforce application programming. There are many companies out there that just need something a little different for their business. While there are many apps out there that have already been developed that you can use, there are often applications that you need creating specifically for your business.
The Pros and Cons of Working with Salesforce
Is Salesforce really as good as they say it is? Well, it has been number 1 on many surveys for several years now so it must be doing something right.
The following are some of the pros and cons of using Salesforce for any business:
The Pros of Using Salesforce CRM
- It is available in the cloud: this means that every employee is able to access the application from anywhere in the world as long as they can connect to the internet. There is no need to have a connection back to the works servers or any other issues.
- It is highly customizable: with mobile app development for Salesforce you are able to make the software do almost anything that you would like it to do. You don’t have to try to make your business conform to an off the shelf system, the system can be modified and improved to fit precisely how you want to work.
- Many apps available to use: many have already developed apps that you will be able to use within your copy of Salesforce or adapt to do what your business requires.
- Works on all major browsers: no matter where you want to use Salesforce your browser will be able to support it. It works on all major browsers such as Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer.
- It will work on your cell phone: you do not even have to use a computer to gain all of the advantages of Salesforce. You can access its full potential even through a cell phone.
- It is simple and intuitive to use: even the least computer savvy personnel will be able to quickly understand how the system works and how to get the best from it.
- It has excellent reporting: you will be able to monitor everything that your staff do through the system and set up dashboards to look at clear metrics of performance.
Cons of Working with Salesforce
No matter how good something is there are always some downsides to it:
- It can be too complex for small businesses; if you are a very small business with no sales or marketing personnel the tool may simply be much more than you need to run your business.
- Salesforce is updated 3 times every year: while this means that they are always improving what they offer there are often times that they move stuff around within their menus. This can leave staff unable to find specific functions that they need. It also means that Salesforce app development services have to recertify to be approved for app development.