About this Job
We're looking for highly motivated individuals to help us extract meaning from Twitter's massive dataset. As a Data Scientist for the Analytics team, you'll use statistical analysis and data mining techniques to help us better understand how users engage with Twitter, determine whether new and experimental features should be launched, and measure Twitter's success across the entire organization. You should be passionate about finding insights in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions.
- Work with large (terabytes of data, billions of daily transactions) structured and unstructured data sets.
- Work closely and iterate quickly with product teams throughout the organization.
- Summarize and report analytical findings in both oral and written form.
- Write and interpret map-reduce style data analyses using Hadoop and Pig.
- Code using a mix of SQL, Pig, R, and scripting languages.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline
- Experience with statistical programming environments like R
- Experience with large datasets and map-reduce architectures like Hadoop
- Experience with scripting languages, regular expressions, etc.
- Previous experience working in team environments with limited supervision
- Ability to map business needs to engineering systems
- Interest in using discrete math, probability, and statistics to answer complex questions
Search hundreds of analytic job ads by time, location and keyword
Please mention datashaping.com when applying. Thank you.
Purchase job ads | Join our social network