Apache Hadoop announced a beta release for Hadoop 2. The Hadoop-2.1.0-beta provides the following key enhancements:
- Integration testing - with entire Hadoop ecosystem including HBase, Pig and Hive.
- API & protocol stabilization - for applications built on both HDFS & YARN.
- Binary compatibility - for existing MapReduce applications built for Hadoop-1.x.
- HDFS snapshots - full-support HDFS snapshots.
- Support for Microsoft Windows.
- NFS-v3 access for HDFS - full-support for NFSv3 access to HDFS.
These new features will help Hadoop integrate with traditional data warehouse / business intelligence systems and new data analytical ecosystems.