Artificial Intelligence is the most important development in technology and society since the invention of the Internet.
In August 2018, Packt - the leading UK provider of technology/coding books and courses, conducted a survey to understand how AI is changing the wider tech industry beyond data-specific job roles and how it will impact them today and tomorrow.
The findings below are based on responses from 2,800+ professionals working across every area of technology - from web development to cybersecurity.
- 41% of respondents mentioned that their organizations are using Artificial Intelligence to improve internal operations.
- Only 28% of respondents are currently using AI enabling tools in their day to day role. But a whopping 75% respondent mentioned that they are planning on learning new AI related tools in the next 12 months.
- Breakdown of the new AI related tools which would be on the basis of job areas:
- TensorFlow has been voted as the top tool people were planning on:
- Deciding on learning a new tool is not the most difficult decision to make. But implementation of those tools is way the real challenge lies. The two areas which stood out as the biggest challenges for respondents were internal data literacy and awareness and hiring people with the right skills.
- Automation is one of the biggest outcomes of Artificial Intelligence. 75% of developers believe automation will have either a positive or significant positive impact on their career:
- AGI - Artificial General Intelligence is the intelligence of a machine that could easily execute any task that a human being can. 47% of the respondents believe that AGI could not happen right now, but could be a reality in the next 30 years.
Get the complete AI NOW survey report and learn:
- How organizations are implementing AI
- The biggest professional challenges of machine learning
- What worries developers about AI