Guest blog by Fabio Souto
A curated list of awesome data visualizations frameworks, libraries and software. Inspired by awesome-python.
Table of contents
- C3 - a D3-based reusable chart library.
- Chart.js - Charts with the canvas tag.
- Charted - A charting tool that produces automatic, shareable charts from any data file.
- Chartist.js - Responsive charts with great browser compatibility.
- Dimple - An object-oriented API for business analytics.
- Dygraphs - Interactive line charts library that works with huge datasets.
- Echarts - Highly customizable and interactive charts ready for big datasets.
- Epoch - Perfect to create real-time charts.
- Highcharts - A charting library based on SVG and VML rendering. Free (CC BY-NC) for non-profit projects.
- MetricsGraphics.js - Optimized for time-series data.
- Morris.js - Pretty time-series line graphs.
- NVD3 - A reusable charting library written in d3.js.
- Peity - A library to create small inline svg charts.
- TechanJS - Stock and financial charts.
Charting libraries for graphs
- Cola.js - A tool to create diagrams using constraint-based optimization techniques. Works with d3 and svg.js.
- Linkurious - A toolkit to speed up the development of graph visualization and interaction applications. Based on Sigma.js.
- CartoDB - CartoDB is an open source tool that allows for the storage and visualization of geospatial data on the web.
- Cesium - WebGL virtual globe and map engine.
- Leaflet Data Visualization Framework - A framework designed to simplify data visualization and thematic mapping using Leaflet.
- Mapsense.js - Combines d3.js with tile maps.
dc.js is an multi-Dimensional charting built to work natively with crossfilter.
- Chroma.js - A small library for color manipulation.
- Piecon - Pie charts in your favicon.
- Textures.js - A library to create SVG patterns.
- Timeline.js - Create interactive timelines.
- Vega - Vega is a visualization grammar, a declarative format for creating, saving, and sharing interactive visualization designs.
- Vis.js - A dynamic visualization library including timeline, networks and graphs (2D and 3D).
- Charts for Go - Basic charts in Go. Can render to ASCII, SVG and images.
- svgo - Go Language Library for SVG generation.
- JBChartView - Charting library for both line and bar graphs.
- PNChart - A simple and beautiful chart lib used in Piner and CoinsMan.
- ios-charts - iOS port of MPAndroidChart. You can create charts for both platforms with very similar code.
- bokeh - Interactive Web Plotting for Python.
- matplotlib - A python 2D plotting library.
- pygal - A dynamic SVG charting library.
- seaborn - A library for making attractive and informative statistical graphics.
- toyplot - The kid-sized plotting toolkit for Python with grownup-sized goals.
- ggplot2 - A plotting system based on the grammar of graphics.
- rbokeh - R Interface to Bokeh.
- rgl - 3D Visualization Using OpenGL
Tools that are not tied to a particular platform or language.
- Lightning - A data-visualization server providing API-based access to reproducible, web-based, interactive visualizations.
- RAW - Create web visualizations from CSV or Excel files.
- Spark - Sparklines for the shell. It have several implementations in different languages.
- Periscope - Create charts directly from SQL queries.
- Please check for duplicates first.
- Keep descriptions short, simple and unbiased.
- Please make an individual commit for each suggestion
- Add a new category if needed.
Thanks for your suggestions!
To the extent possible under law, Fabio Souto has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.