Interesting listing published on Mashape. Only the top 12 are listed below. It would be nice to have a separate blog for voice recognition APIs. I've been thinking at using voice rather than passport or driving license, as a more secure ID. The voice has a texture unique to each individual.
Source for above picture: article on government using face recognition
- Face Recognition – Stephen here from Lambda Labs. For sample code and a graphical demo, check out http://api.lambdal.com/docs. Our API provides face recognition, facial detection, eye position, nose position, mouth position, and gender classification. If you have any questions ask! Just send an email to [email protected] Happy Hacking! -Stephen
- Face (Detection) – A computer vision api for facial recognition and facial detection that is a perfect face.com replacement. We currently have a free api for face detection.
- Animetrics Face Recognition – The Animetrics Face Recognition API can be used to detect human faces in pictures. Information on facial features or “landmarks” is returned as coordinates on the image.. Animetrics Face Recognition will also detect and return the orientation, or “pose” of faces along 3 axes.
- Skybiometry Face Detection and Recognition – An easy to use Face Detection and Recognition API. You must have an application created in your account at SkyBiometry to use it (sign up at if you don’t have account yet).
- ImageVision Face Detection – Beta Release A better Face detection service! ImageVision is a computer vision company improving technology that determines the locations and sizes of human faces in arbitrary (digital) images.
- Face++ – Face++ uses the cutting-edge technology of computer vision and data mining to provide 3 core vision services (Detection, Recognition and Analysis). Our API provides the detection and analysis of Landmark (23points), Landmark (81 points), Attributes: Age,Gender, Glasses, Race, etc.
- FaceMark – FaceMark is a powerful API for facial feature detection. It finds 68 points for a frontal face and 35 for a profile one. FaceMark detects landmarks for faces on the image specified by URL or uploaded as a file and produces JSON output containing a vector of facial landmarks and orientation for each face found.
- EmoVu by Eyeris – Artificially Intelligent emotion recognition software that allows cameras to “look back” and read people’s facial micro-expressions, gender and age group in real time as they watch videos on their computers or mobile devices.
- Face and scene recognition by Rekognition.com – Face.com alternative! Our fast, robust and scalable rekognition engine can do facial detection, crawling, recognition, scene understanding! It can be automatically trained using images and tags on Facebook!
- FaceRect – FaceRect is a powerful and free API for face detection. It finds faces (both frontal and profile) on the image specified by URL or uploaded as a file and is able to find multiple faces on a single photo, producing JSON output with a bounding box for each face found.
- Infatics Face Detection – Simple face detection API
- OpenCV Face Recognizer – OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision Library: http://opencv.org) is an open-source BSD-licensed library that includes several hundreds of computer vision algorithms.
Read full list