I've received an unsolicited email today from Pedro Marcus, from DataOnFocus. While usually I don't even open them due to the volume that I get each day, this one was actually very interesting, thus I'm sharing it with you.
Free data mining books
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R
Overview of statistical learning based on large datasets of information. The exploratory techniques of the data are discussed using the R programming language.
- Modeling With Data
This book focus some processes to solve analytical problems applied to data. In particular explains you the theory to create tools for exploring big datasets of information.
- Big Data, Data Mining, and Machine Learning
On this resource the reality of big data is explored, and its benefits, from the marketing point of view. It also explains how to storage these kind of data and algorithms to process it, based on data mining and machine learning.
- Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques
Full of real world situations where machine learning tools are applied, this is a practical book which provides you the knowledge and hability to master the whole process of machine learning.
- Machine Learning – Wikipedia Guide
A great resource provided by Wikipedia assembling a lot of machine learning in a simple, yet very useful and complete guide.
- Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and AlgorithmsA great cover of the data mimning exploratory algorithms and machine learning processes. These explanations are complemented by some statistical analysis.
- Mining the Social Web: Data Mining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Goo...
The exploration of social web data is explained on this book. Data capture from the social media apps, it’s manipulation and the final visualization tools are the focus of this resource.
- Probabilistic Programming & Bayesian Methods for Hackers
A book about bayesian networks that provide capabilities to solve very complex problems. Also discusses programming implementations on the Python language.
- Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relation...
A data mining book oriented specifically to marketing and business managent. With great case studies in order to understand how to apply these techniques on the real world.
- Inductive Logic Programming Techniques and Applications
An old book about inductive logic programming with great theoretical and practical information, referencing some important tools.
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and P...
This is a conceptual book in terms of data mining and prediction with a statistical point of view. Covers many machine learning subjects too.
- An Introduction to Data Science
An introductory level resource developed by a american university with to objective to provide solid opinions and experience about data sciences.
- Mining of Massive Datasets
The focus of this book is provide the necessary tools and knowledge to manage, manipulate and consume large chunks of information into databases.
You can check the full list here.
Follow us on Twitter: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge