Posted by DataCamp July 30th, 2015.
See the full blog here
R allows you to create different plot types, ranging from the basic graph types like density plots, dot plots, bar charts, line charts, pie charts, boxplots and scatter plots, to the more statistically complex types of graphs such as probability plots, mosaic plots and correlograms.
In addition, R is pretty known for its data visualization capabilities: it allows you to go from producing basic graphs with little customization to plotting advanced graphs with full-blown customization in combination with interactive graphics. Nevertheless, not always do we get the results that we want for our R plots:
Here’s a quick list of what’s included:
1. How To Draw An Empty R Plot?
- How To Open A New Plot Frame
- How To Set Up The Measurements Of The Graphics Window
- How To Draw An Actual Empty Plot
2. How To Set The Axis Labels And Title Of The R Plots?
- How To Name Axes (With Up- Or Subscripts) And Put A Title To An R Plot?
- How To Adjust The Appearance Of The Axes’ Labels
- How To Remove A Plot’s Axis Labels And Annotations
- How To Rotate A Plot’s Axis Labels
- How To Move The Axis Labels Of Your R Plot
3. How To Add And Change The Spacing Of The Tick Marks Of Your R Plot
- How To Change The Spacing Of The Tick Marks Of Your R Plot
- How To Add Minor Tick Marks To An R Plot
4. How To Create Two Different X- or Y-axes
5. How To Add Or Change The R Plot’s Legend?
- Adding And Changing An R Plot’s Legend With Basic R
- How To Add And Change An R Plot’s Legend And Labels In ggplot2
6. How To Draw A Grid In Your R Plot?
- Drawing A Grid In Your R Plot With Basic R
- Drawing A Grid In An R Plot With ggplot2
7. How To Draw A Plot With A PNG As Background?
8. How To Adjust The Size Of Points In An R Plot?
- Adjusting The Size Of Points In An R Plot With Basic R
- Adjusting The Size Of Points In Your R Plot With ggplot2
9. How To Fit A Smooth Curve To Your R Data
10. How To Add Error Bars In An R Plot
- Drawing Error Bars With Basic R
- Drawing Error Bars With ggplot2
- Error Bars Representing Standard Error Of Mean
- Error Bars Representing Confidence Intervals
- Error Bars Representing The Standard Deviation
11. How To Save A Plot As An Image On Disc
12. How To Plot Two R Plots Next To Each Other?
- How To Plot Two Plots Side By Side Using Basic R
- How To Plot Two Plots Next To Each Other Using ggplot2
- How To Plot More Plots Side By Side Using gridExtra
- How To Plot More Plots Side By Side Using lattice
- Plotting Plots Next To Each Other With gridBase
13. How To Plot Multiple Lines Or Points?
- Using Basic R To Plot Multiple Lines Or Points In The Same R Plot
- Using ggplot2 To Plot Multiple Lines Or Points In One R Plot
14. How To Fix The Aspect Ratio For Your R Plots
- Adjusting The Aspect Ratio With Basic R
- Adjusting The Aspect Ratio For Your Plots With ggplot2
- Adjusting The Aspect Ratio For Your Plots With MASS
15. What Is The Function Of hjust And vjust In ggplot2?