A technology professional with over 15 years experience in development and support with a hands-on approach to solving technical problems.
A capability to design, develop and integrate digital solutions spanning all major open source and third-party platforms e.g. Microsoft, Red Hat, Sun Microsystems, Linux (Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu), Apple etc, all IBM major platforms e.g. Mainframe, AS400 etc. In addition to a full technical appreciation of legacy systems, all major digital technologies are equally supported in the areas of Internet and mobile devices e.g. Android, IOS.
Core strengths include working with highly fragmented systems and disparate data sources. Enjoy challenging projects, training, mentoring individuals, and running client workshops. (Including presenting at trade-shows or international conferences.)
A vested interest in ongoing research and development in the following areas:
1) Banking Systems Simulation (Research Grant: Score Card Modelling, Financial Stress Testing, Basel III compliance – Monash University).
2) Overcoming barriers to entry through technology innovation as a competitive advantage in a global market. (Research Grant: Swinburne University of Technology).
3) Big Data – Mobile ubiquitous consumer driven analytics. (Research Grant: RMIT University).
4) An active member of two technology centres: IBM Australian Innovation Centre (Sydney NSW), Microsoft Innovation Centre. (Brisbane QLD).
5) Review Industry Technology papers and currently hold the IEEE (Institute of Electronical and Electronics Engineers) Victorian Chapter Secretary chair.