Center of High Management in Engineering and Technology, Universidad Anahuac, Mexico City
High Education / Financial Service / Others
Viterbo H. Berberena González, Ph.D., is a Professor of Analytics at Universidad Anahuac in Mexico. He graduated in Chemical Engineering from Universidad Central de Las Villas in 1985, and specialized in advanced analytic methods at Mendeleev Institute, in Moscow, in 1989. Given his great passion for the analytics area, he pursued graduate studies in process analysis, obtaining his Ph.D. with honors in 1991.
Berberena has pioneered the Master in Analytical program at Universidad Anahuac, and has also vastly reengineered the graduate programs. He has collaborated with SAS Institute Mexico since 2000, and leads many data mining projects for companies in the financial, telecommunications, retail and other industries in Mexico.
He was a session speaker at 11th and 12th annual SAS Data Mining Conferences. Berberena is one of most important academics in Mexico currently promoting the “Competing on Analytics” framework with both academia and in the business community.
Among the major projects I've worked in my nearly 12 years of experience with SAS tools are:
• Market segmentation in online banking.
• Supervised classification model for online banking customers.
• Modeling and optimization of consumer lending.
• Unsupervised segmentation of credit card customer’s payments.
• Unsupervised segmentation of markets in checking account’s products.
• Model of customer’s classification activity in credit cards.
• Markovian model of customer’s activity in credit cards.
• Response models in marketing campaigns in credit cards.
• Response models in marketing campaigns in checking accounts.
• Predictive model of customer revenues.
• Model for early activation pattern in credit cards.
• Modeling and flight pattern of wear on capturing means.
• Model for a traffic light to the analysis of requests for cancellations online.
• Development of "risk scorecard" with the data mining (application, behavioral and collection).
• Development, construction and management of “a tests factory”, based on the concept of statistical experimental design in credit card marketing.
• Construction of a risk index for measuring the institutions participating in the Credit Bureau.
• Two projects of supervised segmentation (segment value) in wireless companies, one Mexican and other foreign.
• Attrition model for in a national mobile phone company.
• Market basket analysis for manufacturers of wide demand products.
• Market basket analysis for fast food restaurants.
• Market basket analysis for manufacturers of beverages and spirits products.
• Structural equation modeling of smoking behavior.
• Multicenter study in 10 countries with Yale University in the aspect of mental health in children and adolescents.
• Developing a value-added model for a chain of clinical laboratories.
• Structural equation modeling for political marketing campaign at 2000 Mexican presidential elections.
MASS MEDIA AND MULTIMEDIA
• Model for rating predictions in television.