DR. BOBBY D. GERARDO
Vice President for Administration and Finance
Former Director, Institute of ICT, West Visayas State University
Visiting Professor, Technological Institute of the Philippines, 2010-present
Visiting Professor, Cebu Institute of Technology University, 2011-present
Visiting Professor, University of Mindanao, 2012-present
He finished his BS in Electrical Engineering in 1994, with High Distinction from Western Institute of Technology and his Master of Arts in Education Major in Mathematics from University of the Philippines in Diliman Quezon City in 2000 being the grantee of DOST-SEI scholarship for Math and science Faculty. He pursued his Ph.D. in Information and Telecommunications with major in Distributed Systems at Kunsan National University, Korea in 2007 being the grantee of Korean Scholarship for Brain Korea (BK-21) project.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
His skills and capabilities lies in the field of Programming/Teaching using C/C++, Java, Security system, Agent and Middleware, Programming on CORBA, Web Services, Abstract Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Differential Equations, Advanced Mathematics, Control and Fuzzy systems, Intelligent systems and mobile communications.
RESEARCH INTERESTS and Publications
His research interests lies in the area of Distributed systems, Telematics systems, Sensor Network, CORBA, data mining, web services, ubiquitous computing, and mobile communications. He already published 50 research papers in the International conferences and journals. Currently he is the Editor-in-Chief of the WVSU journal on Computer Science, ICT Education and its Applications (COMSCIEA), which is published bi-annually. He is a frequent referee on the Journal on IEEE Knowledge and Data Engineering, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
• Best paper, SMS-based Automatic Billing System of Household Power Consumption based on Active Experts Messaging, Dec. 8-10, 2011, Jeju, Korea
• CHED Republica Research Award Winner, Commission on Higher Education Regional Research Award, for best paper in natural science category, May 19, 2010
• Excellent paper, “Principal Component Analysis Mechanism for Association Rule Mining”, Korean Society of Internet Information’s (KSII) 2004 Autumn Conference, Nov. 5, 2004
• Best paper, “Intelligent Decision Support using Rule-based Agent for Distributed Telematics Systems” Asia Pacific International Conference on Information Science and Technology, Dec. 18, 2008.
• University Researcher Award, West Visayas State University, March 21, 2005
He is invited most of the time to deliver lectures on statistical data processing and analysis, distributed systems, data mining, research and development in social sciences, education and in Information Communications Technology fields.
Years of Experience:
West Visayas State University
How did you find out about DataScienceCentral?
Networking, New venture
What is your Favorite Data Mining or Analytical Website?