Hello aspiring Data Scientist,
According to a recent survey, 88% of data scientists have a master's degree. Are you keeping up with the field?
Data Science is a broad industry with opportunity in multiple disciplines. If you’re considering a master’s degree in data science, you likely aren’t looking for a program that could pigeonhole you in one niche area of the field.
Built around an innovative multidisciplinary curriculum, our 12-course, 36-credit University of Wisconsin Master of Science in Data Science program is ideal for students who know the value of their skills and want to apply them to nearly any industry.
As a student in the program, you will:
- Learn how to clean, organize, analyze, and interpret large data sets using the latest tools and analytical methods
- Use Python and R to analyze real-world data
- Implement tools and software such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and Python to compare large data-processing tasks using cloud-computing services
- Learn not just technical tools, but the power skills that employers demand
- Enjoy the flexibility of online courses
- Learn from expert UW faculty
Most importantly, you’ll earn a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin—an institution employers respect. Don’t just learn technology—learn what you can do with it.
Admission requires a bachelor’s degree and a 3.0 GPA. Aptitude tests such as the GMAT and GRE are not required.
Discover the possibilities—download a program guide.
Visit datasciencedegree.wisconsin.edu to get a program guide containing information about courses, costs, admission requirements, and more. Then, call an adviser at 1-877-UW-LEARN (895-3276) or send an email to[email protected] to discuss your future in this exciting field.
Designed and taught by top minds from across the UW System
The UW Data Science master’s program is a partnership of six University of Wisconsin campuses—UW-Eau Claire, UW-Green Bay, UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior, led by UW-Extension.
All courses are developed and taught by experienced faculty from each of these campuses, and our advisory board is made up of industry experts to ensure our learning objectives are current and valuable to employers.