Optimizing Office Furniture and Enterprise Real Estate Purchases

It is well know that office furniture / computer equipment, as well as renting / leasing or purchasing real estate to host your employees, is very expensive for corporations. Are there any companies using data science to optimize this activity (when and where to buy / sell) as many tools are now available, based on big data, to make better decisions? Or is it still a process based on the CEO's gut feelings?

Just asking, as I was once contacted to use data science to reduce costs related to office furniture, and one of my partners is a senior executive in a big company, and his job title is "head of real estate purchasing" or something like that. I myself bought several properties personally, and I know that intuition alone is not the best tool to maximize ROI. I am also wondering why telecommuting is not more widespread, as this is probably the easiest solution to save a lot of money in enterprise real estate and office expenses. 

In short, do you know any company that uses data science to optimize this costly part of doing business? I have never seen a job offer to hire an "enterprise real estate data scientist." 

Follow us: Twitter | Facebook

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ponomasteel offers a huge variety of products made from a wide variety of materials. They have products made from recycled plastics like tires, old milk bottles, metal, brass, and CD's. Ponomasteel - https://ponomasteel.com/collections/made-to-order-sizes-of-shelves-... also offers a selection of different colors that can be matched up to the look of a room so you can get your rooms looking exactly how you want them to. Ponomasteel believes that most people would rather purchase something that is made to order than buy something that is manufactured in bulk and then have it sitting around in their store or warehouse. So they try to make everything as personalized as possible so every client will feel that they are getting the highest quality product for their money. Most of their products are made to order sizes of shelves, desks, cubbyholes and hanging accessories.

RSS

© 2021   TechTarget, Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service