Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

All Discussions Tagged 'Data' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Opinion Mining / Feedback Mining - How to derive relative positiveness among Words using Statistical/Analytical Models?

One of my Data Science pet projects for this weekend was "Opinion / Feedback Mining" This idea is to understand the polarities of words (P…

Started by Dheeraj Patta

3 Oct 26, 2014
Reply by besantvignesh M

Structured vs. unstructured - which data is more important?

When you think about Big Data and Text Analytics, two of the ‘Most Influential Thought Leaders’ in their respective fields come to mind: Ki…

Started by Alesia

0 Aug 5, 2014

A Statistician's View on Big Data and Data Science (Updated)

My (updated) presentation `A Statistician's View on Big Data and Data Science' from May 13, 2014, at the `SMi Big Data in Pharma' conferenc…

Started by Prof. Dr. Diego Kuonen

0 May 21, 2014

A Statistician's View on Big Data and Data Science (Updated)

My (updated) presentation `A Statistician's View on Big Data and Data Science' from May 13, 2014, at the `SMi Big Data in Pharma' conferenc…

Started by Prof. Dr. Diego Kuonen

0 May 20, 2014

Best Business Intelligence software?

Trying to gain feedback on business intelligence platforms. We have been researching 45 products for TechnologyAdvice, and would love to he…

Started by Keith Cawley

0 May 15, 2014

What is Data Strategy? Does your organization need one?

For the last 10 years I have worked in a number of organizations ranging from the very large and old to the very small and new - this work…

Started by Gam Dias

1 Dec 2, 2013
Reply by Boris Shmagin

Big Data and data Warehouse optimization

We all know the endless discussion about Big Data and analytics but there is a much more immediate use case for Big Data. Optimizing your d…

Started by David Bennett

0 May 10, 2013

Data mining for clinical research - why so little use of machine learning?

As a bioinformatician, I am gradually drawn into analyzing clinical data. I noticed that the field is dominated by a small number of statis…

Started by Eitan Rubin

4 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by Kalyanaraman K

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Data Science Central ®   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service