Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

Vincent Granville's Discussions (705)

Discussions Replied To (144) Replies Latest Activity

"Your education background is amazing Benjamin! Many data scientists don't have that…"

Vincent Granville replied Sep 12 to Are data science or stats curricula in US too specialized?

2 Sep 12
Reply by Vincent Granville

"Here is a great alternative: swarm optimization, see https://www.datasciencecentral.…"

Vincent Granville replied Aug 29 to Alternate of gradient descent

8 Sep 16
Reply by Neeraj Sharma

"There are all sorts of data scientists. Some are BI analysts, and rarely code (they…"

Vincent Granville replied Aug 25 to Machine learning jobs

1 Aug 25

"Not sure if this could help you. But I have been working a lot on using data science…"

Vincent Granville replied Aug 17 to Requesting scientific data sets and/or visualizations to support new university text in visualization

2 Aug 18
Reply by Gregg Barrett

"Below is the message in question. It reminds me the representation in base b of a nu…"

Vincent Granville replied Aug 9 to A little challenge

1 Aug 9

"You may also read this article: Can you learn data science on the job?"

Vincent Granville replied Aug 7 to On-the-job training

4 Aug 27
Reply by James

"I recently wrote an article on this topic, see https://www.datasciencecentral.com/pr…"

Vincent Granville replied Jun 30 to Mean normalization and Feature scaling.

2 Jul 19
Reply by Anand.M

"Yes 10 predictors are OK, but the data set seems a bit small, so the risk of over-fi…"

Vincent Granville replied May 28 to How to check/optimize cross validation with randomforest on imbalanced classes ?

3 May 28

"Your data set is a bit small. The classic solution is to over-sample under-represent…"

Vincent Granville replied May 27 to How to check/optimize cross validation with randomforest on imbalanced classes ?

3 May 28

"That data is currently not properly leveraged despite great algorithms in the backgr…"

Vincent Granville replied May 19 to Will all that data in the hands of Google or Facebook lead to a good result or bad?

2 May 28
Reply by Mab Alam

RSS

© 2018   Data Science Central ®   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service