Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

L.V.'s Discussions (41)

Discussions Started (41) Replies Latest Activity

Election: America is a purple country

Interesting chart published in Tech Republic. It shows that if you look at the most granular level, there is a high variance in political s…

Started by L.V.

0 Mar 13, 2016

How to produce sounds in Python, R, Java, C, Perl, Javascript or even Linux?

I want to create music generated by mathematical algorithms, or even turning big data files into sound files, just like NASA turned electro…

Started by L.V.

3 Mar 10, 2016
Reply by Vincent Granville

$5 million prize for A.I. targets the 'dystopian conversation'

The IBM Watson AI XPRIZE, a Cognitive Computing Competition, was announced on the TED Stage on Feb 17, 2016. It is a $5 million competition…

Started by L.V.

0 Feb 20, 2016

Facebook Shares Large Data Sets to Help Improve its AI and Data Science Algorithms

Facebook published resources related to its AI Research project, organized towards the goal of automatic text understanding and reasoning.…

Started by L.V.

2 Nov 23, 2016
Reply by Mark L. Stone

Producing Images from 2D Data Arrays or Text Files

Let's say you have a 2-dimensional array with 2,000 rows and 2,000 columns, with each cell value being a byte -- a value between 0 and 255,…

Started by L.V.

1 Feb 16, 2016
Reply by Peter Wang

A Tough Calculus Question

What is the result for SQRT(-4) * SQRT(-9)? This was posted on Brilliant, tweeted, and went viral, with thousands of views. Yet, even if it…

Started by L.V.

20 Nov 18, 2017
Reply by Steven Craighead

Big data landscape 2016

Great infographic about the big data / analytics / data science / deep learning / BI ecosystem. Created by @Mattturk, @Jimrhao and @firstma…

Started by L.V.

4 Jun 29, 2016
Reply by Pawan Dwivedi

Another funny picture about programmers

I don't remember who first posted it, but I did a Google image search for do not tap on the window, it will scare the programmer, and here'…

Started by L.V.

0 Feb 3, 2016

Very funny video for people who write code

It's actually an animated gif, and was recently posted and circulated on Facebook. For cartoons and comic strips about data science and rel…

Started by L.V.

0 Jan 30, 2016

Java versus Python

Interesting picture that went viral on Facebook. We've had plenty of discussions about Python versus R on DSC. This picture is trying to co…

Started by L.V.

14 Nov 29, 2018
Reply by Vikrant Choudhary

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Data Science Central ®   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service