The day will kickoff with a networking breakfast at 7:30 AM where attendees will get to meet fellow analytics professionals. Keynote sessions will begin at 8:00 AM.
Morning Topics and Keynote Speakers 8:00 - 12:30
- "The Current State of Practical Machine Learning": Mohammad Taghi Saffar, Machine Learning Engineer, Google
- "Machine Learning at Kroger" : Doug Meiser, General Manager of R&D Operations Research, Kroger
- "The Predictability Predicament: Your Model Overlooks the Real Target": Claudia Perlich, Chief Scientist, Dstillery
Afternoon Technical Tutorials and Case studies 1:30 - 4:15
There will be two afternoon sessions and six companies will be presenting; three in each session, 1:30-2:45 PM and 3:00-4:15 PM. You will be able to choose 1 presentation during each session for a total of two.
- "Random Forests and Gradient Boosting Machines in R": Brandon Greenwell, Senior Data Scientist, Ascend Innovations
"Using Deep Learning in Tensorflow to Evaluate Consumers' Credit Worthiness in The Financial Industry ”: Kaveh Bastani, Hamed Namavari, Data Scientists, Recovery Decision Science
- “Machine Learning at Cloud Speed”: Clark MacDonald, Principal; Melissa Lacefield, Azure Cloud Solution Architect; Andrej Kyselica, Azure Cloud Solution Architect, Microsoft Azure Platform Solutions
- “Price and Promotion Optimization in a Python-based Analytics Environment”: Mark Wells, VP Business Development, Opalytics
- "Sentiment Analysis of Donald Trump’s Tweets" Andre de Waal, Analytics Consultant, SAS Global Academic Program
Social media generates huge amounts of data every day and most of the data is unstructured. This is an untapped resource that may provide significant benefits to companies able to exploit this data. SAS Visual Analytics is a big data tool that facilitates the visualization of huge data sets. In this talk we demonstrate how insight can be derived from the analysis of Donald Trump’s tweets. First, a word cloud is built and then a sentiment analysis is done on all of his tweets. Tweets are grouped into topics and the sentiment surrounding each topic is analyzed. This leads to the discovery of novel and interesting insights.
Your registration gives you access to all essions, networking breakfast, the keynote presentations, lunch and tach sessions.