This interactive course will teach network security professionals how to use data science techniques to quickly write scripts to manipulate and analyze network data. Students will learn techniques to rapidly write scripts to improve their work. Participants will learn now to read in data in a variety of common formats then write scripts to analyze and visualize that data. A non-exhaustive list of what will be covered include:
- How to write scripts to read CSV, XML, and JSON files
- How to quickly parse log files and extract artifacts from them
- How to make API calls to merge datasets
- How to use the Pandas library to quickly manipulate tabular data
- How to effectively visualize data using Python
- How to apply simple machine learning algorithms to identify potential threats
Finally, we will introduce the students to cutting edge Big Data tools including Apache Spark and Apache Drill, and demonstrate how to apply these techniques to extremely large datasets.
Anyone who wishes to incorporate automated data analysis into their work.
Students will need to have a basic understanding of Python.